The grinder type RPF.21 is a revolution in the way of grinding disc brake pads and it is the ideal solution for laboratory, for production of prototypes and for processing high complex disc brake pads in small batches where a very high flexibility and very short set up time is requested.
This grinder can carry out all the possible geometries on a disc brake pads such as chamfers (parallel and radial) diamond chamfers, slots (linear, diagonal and radial), grinding of the metallic side of the pads.
This grinder has minimum need for dedicated tooling and jigs to take into account the different types of pins (protrusions) on the backing plate of the disc brake pads and works with universal grinding wheels.
OPERATIONS THAT CAN BE CARRIED OUT IN A SINGLE PASS
· Automatic loading
· Linear slots
· Diagonal slots
· Radial slots
· V-shape slots
· Parallel chamfers
· Compound chamfers
· Diamond chamfers
· Grinding of the thickness
· Grinding of the metallic side of the pads
· Drilling unit
· Pads cleaning
· 100% thickness, parallelism and planarity checking
· Automatic unloading
· Turning of the pads upside down for a easy connection to the next step of the process
TYPES OF PADS THAT CAN BE PROCESSED
· Disc brake pads for bicycles and motorcycles
· Disc brake pads for passenger cars
· Disc brake pads for commercial and medium duty vehicles and trucks
· Rail Pads
PRODUCTIVITY OF THE MACHINE
The productivity of the grinder type RPF.21 depends on the number of operation that must be carried out on each single pad.