We approached the design of the RPF.11/C machine to get to a simple and essential solution without giving up the crucial components of our design (like the spindle and the magnetic chuck) that guarantee the performances and the reliability of our machines and without compromises with the quality, the precision and the safety of the grinding operations.
Based on the geometry of the pad that it is necessary to obtain, the operator set up the position of the grinding head by means of manually controlled hand-wheels. The operator, according to the specific pads type of pad, will have to set up manually the position of the sliding rails (in order to not interfere with the pins of the backing plate) and of the side guides that are located on the shuttle, in the loading area of the machine. In case the pads will need to have compound (radial) chamfers, the operator will have to manually adjust the angle of the indexed rotary table located underneath the sliding rails of the loading area of the machine. The shape of the radial chamfer is obtained by the combination of the angular position of the indexed rotary table and the inclination of the spindle equipped with a drum-grinding wheel. Parallel chamfers are obtained only adjusting the inclination of the wheel and the indexed rotary table will not have to be angularly adjusted.
The machine is fully insulated for safety reasons and for dust containing purposes. Please note that the basement of the machine is designed to collect the dust in the bottom part of it, where a dust extraction piping will need to be connected to the centralized dust extraction system to remove the accumulated grinding dust.
OPERATIONS THAT CAN BE CARRIED OUT BY THE MACHINE:
The RPF.11/C grinder can perform the following operations, on PCP and CVP:
• Surface grinding (heavy and finishing)
• Single or multiple linear slots (including V-shaped slots typical for CVP, requires a dedicated wheel)
• Single or multiple diagonal slots
• Parallel chamfers - DOES NOT REQUIRE DEDICATED GRINDING WHEELS
• Compound (radial) chamfers – segment and anti-segment - DOES NOT REQUIRE DEDICATED GRINDING WHEELS
• J-chamfers (requires dedicated grinding wheels to be quoted on request)
• Diamond chamfers (or double chamfers)
• Front (tangential) chamfers
Each pass thru the machine will make a single operation (except for the surface grinding that can be carried out in a single step installing the combined double-area front grinding wheel on the spindle of the machine).
TYPES OF PADS THAT CAN BE PROCESSED
• Disc brake pads for bicycles and motorcycles
• Disc brake pads for passenger cars
• Disc brake pads for commercial and medium duty vehicles and trucks
PRODUCTIVITY OF THE MACHINE
Being the grinder type RPF.11/C designed for Laboratory application, the productivity is not the main issue of this project but have privileged the versatility of the machine. The productivity of the machine depends on the ability and skill of the operator.