COMPOSITION AND FEATURES OF THE MACHINE:
• We kept in the design of the new machine our pillar system designed for our linear Comec grinders, to support and to manually position the grinding spindles.
• This system guarantees Comec high grinding quality for flatness and parallelism
• The machine is equipped with two manually adjustable stations: pre-grind and finishing electro-spindle, each one of 7.5 kW.
• The magnetic chuck considered for this new grinder is of the same type installed on our linear Comec grinders, which can be magnetized and demagnetized for an easy cleaning of the machine.
• The magnetic chuck is based on a permanent magnet that can be operated by a control box.
• Once a current pulse has magnetized the magnetic chuck, it will not be necessary to maintain the current supply. This is great advantage for power consumption and safety.
• The machine is equipped with a safety sliding door that the operator will need to open to load and unload the pads. This increases very much the operational safety level of the machine.
• The speed of the rotary table is adjustable continuously.
• The control panel of the machine is equipped with digital indicators showing the current absorption of the two motors, in order to keep under control the wearing of the diamond wheels.
• The rotary table is equipped with grooves, to accommodate the supporting fixtures to fit the pins of the backing plate.
• Our intention is to give to the customers all the information to design and produce the fixtures by themselves.
OPERATIONS THAT CAN BE CARRIED OUT IN A SINGLE PASS
• Manual loading
• Pre-grinding of the thickness
• Finish grinding of the thickness
• Manual unloading
TYPES OF PADS THAT CAN BE PROCESSED
• Disc brake pads for bicycles and motorcycles
• Disc brake pads for passenger cars
• Disc brake pads for commercial and medium duty vehicles and trucks
PRODUCTIVITY OF THE MACHINE
The productivity of the machine depends on the size of the pads to be ground. The rotational cycle time is about 23 sec, the productivity will be related to the size of the type of pad to be ground.